Jesus Christ created the earth under the direction of Heavenly Father.
IDENTIFY THE DOCTRINE (seeing pictures): Show a picture of the earth and ask the children who created the earth. Explain that Jesus Christ created the earth under Heavenly Father’s direction. Then show a picture of Jesus Christ and invite the children to say, “Jesus Christ created the earth.”
ENCOURAGE UNDERSTANDING (drawing pictures): Tell the children that part of Heavenly Father’s plan of happiness was that an earth would be created where we would gain a body so we could grow and learn. Draw six numbered circles on the chalkboard. Divide the children into six groups, and ask each group to read one of the following scripture passages about the six days of the Creation:
Genesis 1:1–5 (day 1)
Genesis 1:6–8 (day 2)
Genesis 1:9–13 (day 3)
Genesis 1:14–19 (day 4)
Genesis 1:20–23 (day 5)
Genesis 1:24–31 (day 6)
Invite each group to come one at a time to the front of the room, tell the other children what happened on the day they read about, and draw a picture that represents that day in the corresonding circle. Read Genesis 2:1–3 together. Review with the children what happened on each day of the Creation.
- Creation Appreciation Game by Shanda Braithwaite
- Creation BINGO by Kimberly Penhallegon
- Creation Sharing Time by Amy
- The Creation by Mykle Whiting - Power Point Presentation
- Creation Worksheet by Roxie Hancey
- Sofia's Primary Ideas
- LDS Living: Creation Code
- My Father in Heaven Loves Me
- Jesus Christ created the earth by Cindy
- Reverence for Creation
- An idea shared by Gillian Scandurra / ga02022013 - Gather six boxes, each one will have a 'creation' activity inside related to one day of the days of creation. Divide primary into six groups with each group given a box. Inside each box is a paper saying "Day ......." plus the scripture reference written out for that day - but in child friendly language for junior primary. EG. On the first day God said "let there be light" and there was light. God saw that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Each group makes/does what is in their box. Each group then comes to the front, reads what day they have, the scripture reference and shows what they have 'created'. Or, show what they have created and have the rest of primary guess what is it.
Day one (light): have torches inside - the children can turn the room light off and turn their torches on.
Day two (waters): bowl and cup - children collect water with the cup and put into the bowl.
Day three (land/plants): Make a collage out of magazine pictures of plants, trees, land etc
Day four (sun/moon/stars): Cut out printed stars, moons, suns. Paste onto paddlepop (wooden) sticks to hold up
Dat five (fishes/birds): use hand/finger puppets to depict birds and fish
Day six (creatures/man): make people and animals out of playdough
Day seven: everyone lays down on the ground - calm and quiet.
- The Creation - Each day a gift
- Little LDS Ideas
- Creation Sharing Time from Pergler's Primary Place
- It's time for sharing
- Jesus Christ created the earth under the direction of Heavenly Father by Jennifer C. Orgill
- Jesus Created the Earth
- February 2013 Sharing Time Ideas by Jill