10 Easy Ways to Help Your Daughter in Personal Progress
- Read through the personal Progress Book and become familiar with Young Women’s Values, Standards of Personal Worthiness, and Value Experiences.
- At least once a month (maybe Fast Sunday) sit down with your daughter and review her Personal Progress Book.
- Encourage your daughter to find a special place to store her book.
- At Family Home Evening, ask if there is any area she could be assisted in. Family involvement can be fun and rewarding.
- Focus yourself upon developing a personal relationship with Christ, so that you can better help your daughter spiritually.
- Sign her value experiences before she takes it to her young women leaders.
- Show her you value her progress by coming to Young Women Recognition Nights to recognize and support her and other young women receive awards.
- Encourage and praise her individual accomplishments.
- Attend New Beginnings, Young Women in Excellence, and other parent/child activities with your daughter.
- Encourage her to attend Young Women activities and Sunday lessons. Help her to adjust her schedule to fit in time for her spiritual growth.
Remember: If it is important to you, it will be important to her!
Share any page with friends on facebook by clicking on this button. Share