King David and Bathsheba
PURPOSE OF THIS LESSON - To help the children keep their thoughts and actions pure.
1. Primary 6 Lesson Cards by Letitia Drabsch - Handout Idea
2. King David Scripture Video
3. Prepare the chalkboard as shown the right. Talk about and compare the story of the temptation of Joseph and the temptation of David. Tell the class that David did not obey one of the Ten Commandments when he had Uriah killed. Talk about what David did to try and repent of his sins.
4. Bring clean paper for everyone, glue, and extra paper. Wad up some small pieces of paper and glue it to the page. Now ask the children to try to “cover up” the lump. Let them do their own page if you like. Now explain that the lump was like sin. Share how we try to “cover up” our sin like David did. Now ask everyone to share their paper. Let everyone see that there is no way to “cover up” sin. Others can see it. Bring out the original clean piece of paper and compare the two pieces. Share how God knows if we are trying to lie or cover up a sin. Explain how Jesus can help us clean up our lumps and make us clean again. (This object lesson came from Mission Arlington)
5. Game - Create a review by selecting questions from the lesson. Draw a similar gameboard on the chalkboard. Draw the following marker of David on paper and tape the marker to the chalkboard. You can decide how the game is played and the rules. Once the team or child progresses to #7 where David is King, they win.
6. Parable of the Ewe Lamb by Amy
7. To look upon - Perhaps some of the information in this video clip could help you in your preparations.
8. King David and Bathsehba Power Point Presentation by Ericka Covalt
9. Angela's Lesson Helps for Primary 6 - Lesson #30
10. Primary 6 Passport Booklet by Melanie Day
11. Valiant Newsletter by Debra Nelson [pdf] [Word] - Cryptogram Solution: Pure thoughts are like a guardrail by the edge of a cliff. The thoughts we plant in our minds produce the words we say and the things we do.