Joshua Leads Israel
PURPOSE OF THIS LESSON - To help the children choose to serve the Lord.
1. Primary 6 Lesson Cards by Letitia Drabsch - Handout Idea
2. Video Clip - Play the following video of Joshua if time permits. Total Running Time (4:46)
3. Choose ye this day.... (puzzle)
4. Joshua leads the Israelites (word search)
5. The story of Joshua from lds.org
6. REVIEW - Make similar cards and have the class post them on the chalkboard in the correct order after the lesson is over.
7. GAME - Review the lesson by drawing a similar gameboard (and game piece) on the chalkboard or on posterboard:
Divide the class into teams. Have each team ask the other side a question about the lesson. If they get it correct, they advance. Have back up questions prepared if the children can't think of questions.
8. Beforehand, choose several items (for example: the woman's purse) in which we show respect and bring them to class (you'll need one per child). Have the children sit in a circle. Go behind the children and lay an article behind each child. One-at-a-time, a class member picks up their article and tells the rest of the group how they would show respect for that particular item. Some suggestions would be: (They need to come up with one idea not all):
1. Don't get into it without asking.
2. Put it back right where you found it.
3. Replace it if something does happen to it.
4. Don't give it or loan it to anyone else
The child then puts their article into the middle of the circle and the next child takes their turn. Continue until everyone has had a turn.
9. Joshua served the Lord (taken from the November 2002 Friend)
10. Joshua Leads Israel by Ericka Covalt - Power Point Presentation
11. Joshua Leads Israel by Ericka Covalt / David Hill - Power Point Presentation
12. Angela's Lesson Helps for Primary 6 - Lesson #23
13. Primary 6 Passport Booklet by Melanie Day
14. Valiant Newsletter by Debra Nelson - [pdf] [Word]. Cryptogram Solution: Satan loves it when we are discouraged and hesitant to make decisions because it is easier for him to tempt us. The prophet said, “If you have not done so yet, decide to decide!” Spencer W. Kimball
15. Rachael's Booknook