Building the Kingdom of God
ARTICLES FROM THE CHURCH MAGAZINES:
Building the Kingdom by Elder Bruce D. Porter
Stand Tall and Stand Together by Sheri L. Dew
Building the Kingdom of God by Desiree Crosby - You could use this as a midweek activity as well
Game and Handout Idea
Building the Kingdom of God Handout by Erika Miller
"Flip Flop" our outlook by Allison Marcroft
Handout idea from Emma's Place
Help build the kingdom of God by Rachael Collins
Sacrifice brings blessings by Heidi Malley
Sacrifice is the crowning test of the gospel by Shanna Vineyard
Seek ye first the kingdom of God (bookmark) by Natalie Brown
"Team building" exercises - Require the girls to work together as a group to accomplish a goal. Everyone will have to contribute, and make some sacrifices. Relate to building the kingdom.
Have the Young Women decide a way they can use of their time, talents or possessions to build the kingdom and have them carry it out.
PERSONAL PROGRESS HELPS:
Personal Progress Handouts for Manual 2 by Whit Larson
RESOURCE GUIDE: (Click here to access Manual 2 Resource Guide)
Discussion Questions -
- What examples of sacrifice have I observed in the lives of people I know? What have I learned from these examples?
- What sacrifices have I made for something of greater worth?
- What have I learned from my own sacrifices?
Additional Resources -
- Quentin L. Cook, "Hope Ya Know, We Had a Hard Time," Ensign and Liahona, Nov. 2008, 102–6.
- True to the Faith (2004), 149–50.
- Matthew 19:16–22.
- Personal Progress: Integrity value experience 6.
- For the Strength of Youth (pamphlet, 2001), 32–33.
Buscad primeramente el reino de Dios by Itzel Garcia