Jehovah Makes Covenants with Abraham
PURPOSE OF THIS LESSON - To help the children understand that as God’s covenant people we each have the responsibility to live the gospel and share it with others.
1. Primary 6 Lesson Cards by Letitia Drabsch - Handout Idea
2. Flannel Board Figures (if you'd rather print them in color, click here)
3. Video Clip - Play the following video clip on Abraham if time permits. (Click on one of the buttons below)
Total Running Time (3:12)
(Windows Media 9)
4. REVIEW - Draw a gameboard on the chalkboard similar to this one (see image on right):
Ask each team a question from the lesson. If they get it right, their donkey advances one space. The first team to space 9 wins.
5. Play a game of “Follow the Leader” or Simon Syas with your class and compare this with how Abraham followed God. He didn't question what Heavenly Father wanted him to do, he just did it.
6. The Lord made promises to Abraham (matching activity) by Jodie Jones
7. Jehovah makes covenants with Abraham by Ericka Covalt - Power Point Presentation