The Fall of Adam and Eve
PURPOSE OF THIS LESSON - To help the children understand the fall of Adam and Eve and to have a desire to return to the presence of Heavenly Father.
1. Primary 6 Lesson Cards by Letitia Drabsch - Handout Idea
2. Using the scriptures, have the children in your class find the things Heavenly Father told Adam and Eve about the tree of good and evil. Write the things they find on the chalkboard under the heading, "GOD SAID". Then have the children find the things Adam and Eve did and what happened to them. Write the things they find under the heading, "ADAM AND EVE". Help them understand that because Adam and Eve ate the fruit we can come to earth. We are essentially grandchildren of Adam and Eve.
3. REVIEW - Draw something similar on the chalkboard. Ask the class review questions from the lesson. When a child gets the right answer, they get to connect one dot to another dot. Continue until all dots are connected forming an apple. As you talk with the class about the sacrifice Adam made, tape the wordstrips on the chalkboard as shown. Help them understand that Adam's sacrifice helped Adam and Eve think about the sacrifice of Jesus. Then talk about the sacrifice Jesus made for us and tape the wordstrips on the chalkboard.
4. Chicken Scratch 'n Sniff
5. Teach your class the 2nd Article of Faith and challenge them to memorize it. Discuss the meaning behind this Article of Faith and how it relates to them.
6. Opposition Game by Rachel Defnet
7. The Fall of Adam and Eve - Power point presentation by Ericka Covalt