Jacob and Esau
PURPOSE OF THIS LESSON - To help the children recognize how our values influence our choices.
1. Primary 6 Lesson Cards by Letitia Drabsch - Handout Idea
2. Jacob & Esau by Ericka Covalt - Power Point Presentation
3. Video Clip - Play the following video clip on Jacob & Esau if time permits. (Click on one of the buttons below)
Total Running Time (2:24)
(Windows Media 9)
4. The story of Jacob & Esau from lds.org
5. Prepare the chalkboard as shown:
Have the students draw a circle around the oldest son in each family. (The oldest son is not always the oldest child). Tell the class that the oldest son received the birthright blessing if he was worthy. But if he was not worthy, the birthright blessing was given to another son.
6. REVIEW - You can review the lesson by drawing something similar on the chalkboard:
Ask the class questions from the lesson. If they get it right they get to connect one of the dots. Continue until all the dots are completed. Then ask them the significance of this bowl of pottage? What does the bowl of pottage have to do with the lesson?
7. Jacob and Esau Reader's Theater by Jodie Jones
8. Jacob and Esau Puzzle
Share any page with friends on facebook by clicking on this button. Share