Personal Progress Book
Personal Progress Journal
Book of Mormon charm bracelet
Young Women Value Card
Some Suggestions for working on Personal Progress:
1. Find some quiet time (Sunday
is a great day)
2. Don't get overwhelmed (work on one goal at a time)
3. Talk to your parents for suggestions & support
4. Share with your Young Women leaders your concerns
and your successes.
5. Keep your book "out" so it's just something your
always working on.
6. Use the Post-Its to always have your current goal
in front of you.
7. Don't just pick the "easiest" goal to get done quickly. Choose things that interest you, and will help better YOU as a person.
Always remember what the actual purpose of doing Personal Progress is: To help you to "Come unto Christ" (Moroni 10:32) and to more fully learn of your Divine Nature.
FIRST DANCE KIT:
Strength of Youth
YW Value Card
1. Get ready for the dance...Take a shower, brush your
teeth, hair & makeup is always nice.
2. Don't forget what the approved dress standards are
when choosing your outfit. You don't want the embarrassment of being asked
to go home and change. And you don't want the guy dancing with you to feel
uncomfortable because of the questionable outfit that you somehow justified.
3. Go with a friend but don't be joined at the hip.
No guy is going to interrupt the highly intense conversation that you seem to
be having with your girlfriend every time he walks by you.
4. Never say "NO" to a guy who had the courage to walk
over and ask you to dance in the first place. (A song lasts approximately 3
minutes, it's not THAT bad).
5. Know your standards (For the Strength of Youth)
6. Don't forget your dance card
7. REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE & HAVE FUN!
An example of the First
FIRST DATE KIT:
1. Life Savers- "If sadness occurs because you have no date, take one of these before it's too late"
2. Hershey's Kisses- "If you're feeling an urge for a kiss, we recommend that you splurge on this!"
3. Tic Tacs- "Tic Tac Tic Tok" Don't forget to watch the clock. (Be home on time)"
4. Gum- "NEVER have bad breath, that's just good advice"
5. Baskin Robins spoon- "Try all the flavors before you decide on your favorite. (Avoid steady dating)"
6. Nail Grooming Kit- "To avoid starting the date off stressed, allow enough time for yourself to get ready and dressed."
7. Young Women Value Card
Use as directed...
1. Make sure you have a cell phone or enough change for a pay phone.
2. Know what kind of activity he has planned before you say yes (and dress appropriately).
3. Know your standards. Review "For the Strength of Youth" often.
4. Know what time you are supposed to be home, and tell him before the date begins.
5. Remember who you are and Have Fun!